Senior Fitness Classes
Friendship Centers of Emmet County is excited to bring exercise classes back to our senior center in Petoskey! Experienced instructors lead this fun 45-minute class focusing on strength, balance, and flexibility. The class is currently being offered by Friendship Centers free of charge. Class is steadily growing! We are now accepting up to 25 participants for each class. Classes are held on Mondays and Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m. Experienced instructors, Susan Roache and Gretchen Stetler, are leading the classes and have designed them so that most everyone is able to participate regardless of skill level.
New sign-up procedure:
Participants must sign up weekly for classes. Sign-up will be accepted for the following Monday or Wednesday class. You may sign up for one or both classes each week. Sign up by contacting the Enrichment Director Lynn at 231-347-3211 ext.19 or [email protected] If unable to attend after signing up, please notify the Enrichment Director.
Please note the following safety guidelines:
- Participants will be screened upon arrival.
- Participants must wear FCEC provided mask over nose and mouth while in the building and not seated. On occasion, weather permitting, class will be held outdoors. Masks are not needed when outdoors.
- Participants are asked to practice social distancing as they enter and exit, as well as in the building. Please enter through the side doors directly into the Multi-Purpose Room.
- Please arrive no more than 15 minutes before class start time, and depart immediately after class ends.
- Bring your own water bottle.