Support Meals on Wheels
The month of March mobilizes hundreds of local Meals on Wheels programs across the country to reach out to their communities and build the support that will enable them to serve America’s seniors all year long. The 18th annual March for Meals campaign gives the businesses, organizations, governments and volunteers who contribute so generously in their communities an opportunity to support homebound seniors in a variety of ways to make America stronger and healthier.
Friendship Centers of Emmet County is raising awareness and funds for senior hunger and needs your support during March with Meals on Wheels America’s March for Meals Campaign. FCEC currently serves an average of 140 homebound seniors in Emmet County with a hot, nutritional meal five days a week, as well as frozen meals for weekends and holidays.
Ways you can support Meals on Wheels in Emmet County:
- Send a donation to Friendship Centers of Emmet County, Meals on Wheels Program, 1322 Anderson Road, Petoskey, MI 49770 or clicking the “Donate” button at the top of this page.
- Host a fundraiser or donate a percentage of sales to FCEC’s Meals on Wheels Program.
- Get your company or organization involved by packing a lunch instead of dining out or charging employees to wear jeans for a day, and then donating funds to FCEC Meals on Wheels.
- Local celebrities, prominent community figures, and government officials can volunteer a day to help prepare and deliver Meals on Wheels during Community Champions Week, March 16-20, 2020. Call or email Char Delis, Marketing & Development Director, at (231) 347-3211, ext. 24 or email@example.com for information and to sign up.
- Purchase raffle tickets to “Win a Meal a Month for a Year.” See details below with the following changes: Raffle tickets currently are only being sold via telephone at (231) 347-3211 and the drawing date will take place at the beginning of May 2020.
For more information about our Meals on Wheels program visit https://emmetcoa.org/meal-services/.
Get In Touch
For any other questions you may have, do not hesitate to ask. We are always here to help.