North Central Michigan College is holding a series for older adults, sponsored by Friendship Centers of Emmet County, as part of their Lifelong Learning Club during October. Sessions are on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:00 p.m. You can attend all of the sessions or pick and choose. Each session is offered as either a Zoom session or an in-person session. In-person sessions will have a limit of 10 participants due to Covid protocols.
The Elder Series has assembled experts in their perspective fields for the following classes:
• Tuesday, October 6th – Medicare Insurance Explained, presented by Patrick Egelus of Bankers Life.
• Thursday, October 8th – When it’s Time to Move to Assisted Living, presented by Tracey Rupinski of CCOA
• Tuesday, October 13th – Long Term Care Insurance, presented by Patrick Egelus of Bankers Life
• Thursday, October 15th – Dementia and Alzheimer’s, presented by Kelly Raredon of Emmet County Medical Care
• Tuesday, October 20th – What to do with the family cottage?, presented by Stephan Scholl and Bradley Martin
• Thursday, October 22nd – Stay Active, Stay Healthy, presented Damon Whitfield of Harbor Springs
• Tuesday, October 27th, Estate Planning and Medicaid, presented by Terri Winegarden of Winegarden Elder Law, PLLC
Friendship Centers of Emmet County is sponsoring this program, making the cost free to all of our friends.
Register for each session at https://www.ncmclifelonglearning.com/events/ or call NCMC at (231) 348-6705.